What is RSS?
RSS is short for Really Simple Syndication. It's an XML file that can be read by special feed reading software or a web service you can use from your web browser. RSS allows you to sign-up to receive news and information from many different sources of information, which are then sent to your computer or PDA.
On this site, you can obtain RSS feeds of jobs for any job search criteria and subscribe to as many as you wish.
Not all sites provide RSS, but it is growing in popularity and many others, including the BBC, the Guardian and The Times provide it.
The advantage of RSS feeds
They enable you to stay in touch with many different sources of news and information. It's quicker than revisiting a site several times a day to check for updates, and rather than having to look for new headlines, feed readers scan for updates and display them for you. In particular RSS is:
- Timely. Subscribers get updates and breaking news as soon as they are published and not when the newsletter goes out. So you'll get the latest jobs sent to you
- Private. You don't have to provide an email address to your selected information provider. Therefore, you won't find yourself getting spammed
- Not blocked by spam and email filters
- Delivered to PDAs. Therefore, even out and about you can receive the latest jobs from us
- Easy to unsubscribe from
- Email independent, so your email box won't get any more crowded than it already is
How do I access your feed?
On the bottom of our job search page an blue button links to the feed of your currently selected job search criteria.
You can subscribe to the feed by dragging or copying and pasting the link into your feed reader. Alternatively, depending on your web browser, you will see a button at the top of the page, clicking this button will allow you view the feed within your browser.
Feed readers check sites at regular intervals to see if any new items have been added. Jobs are added to our site every hour so checking more often may not be useful. Depending on how specific your criteria are, there may be new jobs in the feed every hour or only every few days. The feeds will only list the fifteen most recent jobs with the selected criteria.
Where can I obtain a feed reader?
There are various different newsreaders available and new ones are continually being developed. Moreover, different news readers work on different operating systems, so you will need to choose one that will work with your computer.
Feed readers include:
- Browser-based: FireFox, Opera, Internet Explorer 7, and Safari.
- Web-based: My Yahoo!, My MSN, Google, Bloglines, and NewsGator.
- PC: SharpReader, Newz Crawler, Feed Demon, Awasu
- Mac OS X: Newsfire and NetNewsWire
Michael Page is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Using Michael Page RSS feeds on your site
We encourage the use of Michael Page feeds as part of a website, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
However, we do require that the proper format and attribution is when Michael Page content appears. The attribution text should read "Michael Page International" or "From Michael Page International" as appropriate. You may not use the Michael Page logo or any Michael Page trademark.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of Michael Page RSS content. Please read our Terms and Conditions for further instructions.
Michael Page does not accept any liability for its RSS feeds. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full details.
If you would like to use our feeds on your web site, please contact us via the email address below: