Inclusion for all
Our inclusion promise
Inclusion in recruitment and employment is about recognising and appreciating that every individual is different. It’s about ensuring that everyone, whether they’re a candidate seeking work through PageGroup or one of our own employees, is valued and respected. Regardless of individual characteristics, a person’s suitability for recruitment, training or promotion is always based on professional merit.
At PageGroup, we’re committed to promoting inclusion and continually developing our understanding and approaches to upholding an inclusive working environment. The nature of our international business means inclusion in the global marketplace is essential for us to understand the people we employ and services we offer. Find out what it’s like to work for PageGroup.
We’re determined to lead the way on inclusion within the recruitment industry and we work closely with our clients to support their diversity strategies, from consultation through to delivery on how to source and recruit from a truly diverse talent pool.
So, what does PageGroup do to promote inclusion?
- PageGroup has a longstanding equal opportunities and inclusion policy which is communicated to all employees.
- The inclusion message within the company is co-ordinated by our Open Page Forum which ensures ongoing awareness training for management and personnel.
- As a recruitment organisation, making judgements based on candidates’ individual professional merits is at the heart of our approach. That’s why we have introduced more competency-based procedures into our selection processes. These ensure any decisions are objective and based purely on professional merit.
- We strive to ensure that we offer our clients the most qualified candidates on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities and that those candidates are drawn from diverse backgrounds. We have a variety of methods to monitor and analyse numbers from specific target groups to ensure inclusion is being actively encouraged.
- We advertise in a wide range of media, both online and offline.
- Through sponsorship of specific events we can get our message to the heart of individual communities and groups. By working with organisations such as Opportunity Now, Race for Opportunity, the Business Disability Forum and the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion, we advance ideas and explore issues on the diversity agenda.
In order to give us even greater insight into inclusion issues, we’ve joined forces with the following organisations as a corporate member:
Business Disability Forum
PageGroup are committed to working more closely with our client hirers to ensure they are welcoming to disabled job seekers and that they make their processes barrier free. Find out more in our Business Disability Forum Charter.
Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion
ENEI works to achieve and promote best practice in equality and inclusion in the workplace.
REC Diversity Pledge
We have signed up to the Jobcentre Plus and the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Diversity Pledge. View our REC Diversity Pledge certificate here.