The five-year corporate plan signals some major changes that will reinforce how Housing 21 put customers and the communities they work with at the heart of everything they do.
Service and Property Growth Targets
Customers: Locality approach will enable focussed cross selling
- Increase the number of customers from 30,000 to 75,000
- Growth in local authority provision, and to be the largest provider in 25% of localities
- Self funding service customers
- Home owners
- Affordable renters
Services: Accessible range of services from gardening through to end of life care
- Provide from 100,000 to 200,000 care hours per week
- Innovating enabling, community based services and the aim is to deliver support services to 25,000 people in the community
- Reducing dependency on primary services
- Big push on dementia
- Organic growth around courts
Homes: Homes remain a core component of a good later life
- Develop 4000 additional housing units and 2000 leasehold units
- Combined development with services
- Driven through locality business plans
- Sale/shared ownership
Housing 21 has changed enormously. The acquisition of Claimar Care in 2009 radically changed the organisation and opened the way to a seamless service delivering housing and care services. Further change will be needed with the aim to be the trusted provider and to be more responsive to the needs of the individual and locality and offer a single point of contact across the range of high quality services. This will involve continued ambitious investment and business development strategies in what will become an increasingly competitive market place. Partnerships and building on core strengths will be critical and people will also be a key part to continuing the provision of a life of choice for older people.
Housing 21 are looking to bring new skill sets into the organisation and to increase the customer service mindset across the organisation. People management practices and organisational design will both need to adapt with the increasingly localised model, creating more career opportunities as well.