You are here
2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer
Working for a leading Coventry-based Managed Service Provider
2nd/3rd line support of Windows 7 & 10 / Windows Server 2012 / VMware
About Our Client
- The business that we are proudly representing have grown into an established brand over the last ten years, and are seeking individuals who have the ambition to push this growth further.
- As a leading MSP, they provide support to a wide and diverse client base, largely built up of SMEs in the Midlands, but also to a select group of schools and educational institutions.
- They have a well established team of support staff, that covers IT administrators, desktop specialists and infrastructure engineers. This allows for a smooth transition in terms of long-term career progression, and the ability to pick up lots of new skills with the latest cutting-edge technologies.
- As the 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer you will be working predominantly at a 2nd/3rd line level, providing desktop-based support on Windows-based platforms. This will cover operating systems spanning XP through to Windows 10.
- You will also be involved in back-end server support, covering technologies such as Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and VMware.
- The role will be a mix of both remote-based and on-site support, so there will be requirements to travel, but this will be limited to the West Midlands area.
- As the 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer, you will be rewarded with an excellent starting salary of £25,000, the opportunity to join a business that will offer unrivalled exposure to different technologies, and the chance to build a long-term career through to infrastructure and project management responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
As the 2nd/3rd Line IT Systems Engineer, you will hold at least 2-3 years' experience in a 2nd line support role, with a central focus on Windows-based technologies.
- You will have a sound understanding of troubleshooting across Windows XP and 7, and preferably exposure to Windows 10. In addition you will have a high level of experience in areas covering Active Directory and Exchange Server.
This experience will cover both remote-based and field-based environments, where you will have picked up good exposure in a client-facing environment at a 2nd line level.
- Whilst server-based experience is not essential, an understanding of support across Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012 will be highly desirable.
What's on Offer
£25,000 + corporate benefits.