You are here
Account Development Manager
- Identify key commercial opportunities for growth within your client portfolio
- Will suit someone with an AM background with proven client liaison experience
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in the luxury corporate travel sector. They work clients across all industries and aim to look after all of their travel needs. They provide a variety of services from executive cars through to private jets.
They have large growth plans in 2016 and this Account Development Manager will form an integral part of this.
The ADM will need to successfully protect and grow their account base, minimising churn and maximising revenues to achieve growth. The ADM will display exceptional sales and account-handling skills to ensure their clients have the best business experience. Your responsibilities involve all aspects of the client relationship and account performance and carries a major accountability to upsell / cross sell their products.
- Plan, prioritise and manage activities to achieve sales/revenue and retention targets.
- Develop, agree and implement sales development plans for a specific number of key accounts (anything up to 30 key accounts depending upon size and maturity of accounts).
- Maintain, develop and foster effective relationships and performance management across all the relevant levels of account organisations.
- Ensure all account information such as contract data, spend and profitability are maintained. Ensure contracts are entered into and maintained in a timely and profitable manner.
- Develop client accounts for sales and profitability. Ensure upselling and cross selling opportunities are developed by establishing a sound understanding of what current and potential business needs are; aim to achieve an increased share of account "wallet."
- Act as the main point of contact to the key accounts; lead and co-ordinate other departments such as Service Management and the Customer Relations contact centre to provide a seamless one team.
- Ensure that client expectations are met, co-ordinating resolution of any escalation of service issues and system service failures.
The Successful Applicant
- Sales and/or other relevant commercial experience where evidence of sales and profit achievement can be demonstrated. Ideally, commercial experience has been gained in at least two organisations where evidence of mastering a set of accounts and growing share of wallet can be demonstrated.
- Account management experience achieved in small, medium and large accounts. Evidence of working across client organisations with successful interventions up to and including senior corporate levels.
- Previous experience of working in a similar and/or related industry sector.
- One position must have specific Delivery Services sales experience.
Special aptitudes/ personal characteristics:
- Highly commercial; self-starting with the drive to increase sales and profitability.
- Excellent relationship skills; the ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative but also able to lead and co-ordinate teams.
- An ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capacity to work around problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload accordingly.
- Tenacious and able to motivate others in support of the needs of the role.
- Highly numerate and adept at analysing and manipulating data in order to build strong and persuasive selling messages.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to deliver valuable outcomes to customers and their business.
What's on Offer
Basic Salary circa £50,000 - £60,000 plus OTE