You are here
Account Director - Retail
Being the senior account contact for the company's top performing clients.
Analysing and interpreting sales data and identifying opportunies to improve.
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing, innovative company are vastly becoming one of the most recognised brands in the retail world. They are a market leader in the supply of financial products to many recognised retailers in the UK and Europe. Since their creation, they have built a portfolio of more than 800 clients and has become one of the world's largest program managers.
My client is now looking to recruit an Account Director to cover Maternity Leave.
The role includes:
- Being the senior account contact for the company's top performing clients predominantly within the UK but some also in Europe.
- Visiting the top performing clients to keep good relations and encourage them to implement new initiatives to increase product sales.
- Analysing and interpreting product sales data and identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Presenting any new services and technologies to clients, then overseeing the implementation of them.
- Input into the management of internal projects for technology development, to feed in client requirements.
- Managing 3 UK/European Account Managers.
- Overseeing the Customer Service Support department and working with the Customer Support Manager to ensure that the department runs smoothly and evolves to provide the best Customer Service possible.
- Liaising with suppliers and partners to ensure that any associated 3rd party products/services that are being used are working to the best of their ability for their clients.
- Managing Ad-hoc marketing activities for the European business, such as trade show stand designs, promotional merchandise, leaflets, advertorials etc.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience of Account Management within retail or financial services.
- have expertise of building good client relationships.
- be a confident communicator with people at a senior level
- have the ability to interpret sales information so that it can be reported to clients in a meaningful way with suggestions in improving sales.
- have a desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to clients.
- have experience of planning and managing projects.
- have experience of managing people.
- have excellent organisational skills.
- be enthusiastic and have a 'can-do' attitude
- preferably have marketing experience
What's on Offer
The role is full-time and based in our office in Birmingham City Centre. (There will be travel required with UK and Europe to visit clients.)
The maternity cover will be for 12 months, although there may be a permanent position at the end of this period.
Salary: £55k-£65k, dependant on experience.