You are here
- Account Manager within a niche scientific field
- Berkshire based
About Our Client
My client is a Blue- chip organisation based in Berkshire. Due to recent expansion they require an Account Manager- Food to develop the business further. The role requires the individual to work within a global leader at the forefront of research, analysis, innovation, training and consultancy for multiple organisations nationwide.
With science being the forefront of the business, the Account Manager will be working amongst leading- edge science on a daily basis. This is a great opportunity for an Account Manager who wants to be in a role where they can control their career path. The company has a strong culture for internal growth, encourages progression and constant in house training is provided.
You will be based in Berkshire with the majority of time being spent on site. The role requires the Account manager to encompass the full array of business development responsibilities, providing scientific research solutions to the food manufacturing industry. You will service a diverse portfolio of food manufacturers ranging from SMEs to large Blue Chip organisations. The role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to manage, develop and leverage relationships whilst selling and up-selling services to customers.
The role requires the Account Manager to report to the Head of Sales and wider commercial team. The customer focus of the business means that customer service is essential. My client prides itself on its success, having a high performing collaborative approach to its daily work.
This is a challenging role in a niche market. The ideal candidate will be in a position to think on their feet, adapting procedures to tailor approaches to customer needs. The hands on nature of the role requires the candidate to further their industry knowledge through being as the key point of contact between clients and staff within the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:-
- Strong knowledge of the UK food market
- The ability to think outside the box
- A recognised scientific qualifications to degree level, or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Strong business acumen through providing valuable guidance and advice to customers.
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time
- An understanding of the service provided and its application to suit the customer needs.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, being able to communicate to individuals on all levels.
- Enthusiasm for the service and the ability to motivate others within the business.
- The personality and credibility to develop relationships with customers and those within the business.
- Experience in formulating and executing strategic plans.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary and benefits package that offers financial rewards including;
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Generous holiday allowance and;
- A flexible benefits programme