You are here
Accounting Advisory Services - Accounting Manager
- Big 4 firm
About Our Client
Big 4 firm, London
Projects would include providing accounting advice to private and public sector clients such as:
* understanding and advising on accounting and budgetary reporting in the public sector,
* accounting and financial support to commercialisation and restructuring initiatives in the public sector.
* application of technical accounting in order to assist our clients particularly relating to the implementation of new accounting standards, in particular IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 in both the public and private sector,
* support for the preparation of financial statements.
* Providing credible and robust advice on accounting and financial issues.
* Management of client accounting related engagements in the defence sector, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams in this area.
* Ensuring high quality deliverables, including written reports and financial analysis, to demanding time scales.
* People management and performance development.
* Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities, and general practice development.
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified accountant.
* Strong working knowledge of IFRS
* Preferred but not essential - Experience of working in the finance and accounting departments of either public sector organisations, or suppliers to public sector organisations.
* Enquiring mind.
* Candidate must either hold, or be capable of obtaining, Security Check (SC) clearance from the UK Government.
* Willingness to travel
* Ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
* Willingness to learn and to try new things.
* Ability to manage and motivate teams of people.
* Analytical ability and attention to detail.
* Problem solving.
What's on Offer
Salary range to £70,000 per annum plus negotiable benefits and bonus