You are here
Exciting Accounting Supervisor opportunity with Top 10 firm in Milton Keynes
Excellent career development opportunities both in the UK and internationally
About Our Client
Our client is a Top 10 firm and provider of audit, tax and consulting services with around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 37,500 people in over 110 countries across their network.
Working nationally and across borders, their core client base ranges from growth-focused entrepreneurial businesses through to leading multinational organisations. Their clients include FTSE 350 corporations, family businesses and listed companies on NYSE, LSE and European exchanges, Premier League footballers, leading charities, TV chefs and many more - each presenting you with unique challenges that will stretch your capabilities and enable you to grow your professional experience.
The Accounting & Business Services Supervisor will provide on-site management of each assignment with the preparation of client accounts in an efficient and effective manner to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To prepare statutory accounts (and consolidated accounts) to review stage for Manager to review and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- To review accounts objectively (taking 'helicopter view') to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients, with the aim of providing top line growth.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure all work is completed in accordance with the previously agreed budget and/or highlight concerns asap if there are any issues identified in doing so.
- To review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute's CPE requirements.
- To prepare Corporate Tax computations for clients as appropriate (e.g. D list clients) for Manager to review
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified individual and have significant relevant experience carrying out accounts related tasks from a practice background, as well as have a poven track record of good client relations. An understanding of VAT as well as Sage, SAPA, Viztopia, CCH Accounting packages would be advantageous. Experience of analytical review approach is also desirable.
What's on Offer
37,000-40,000 plus excellent benefits