You are here
Accounts and Audit Supervisor (North West London)
- ACA, ACCA, Accounts, Audit, Corporation Tax
- Supervisory, Career Progression, Wembley
About Our Client
This established client with 11 Partners and approximately 45 staff prides themselves on delivering excellent service to their clients by offering a range of corporate and private client services.
Our client offers services in accountancy, audit and assurance, tax compliance and planning, business strategy planning, payroll, bookkeeping, company statutory matters and a host of connected services, including computer systems advice. They also have excellent connections globally meaning they are able to maintain their service level for their international clients. Additionally, they have a Wealth Management arm to provide a comprehensive and popular financial advisory service for businesses and individuals. These additional services have the ability to add real value to their clients businesses, a goal they strive for.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a fantastic practice and gain exposure to an exciting and varied mix of clients in sectors such as property, retail, charities and manufacturing with turnovers typically between £1 million and £100 million.
- 70% Accounts 20% Audit and 10% Corporation Tax
- Supervising 8 staff members from trainees to seniors in an 11 partner firm with approximately 45 staff
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Job costing and being responsible for agreed costs.
- Responsible for performing accountancy duties including planning and finalising jobs on-site.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, direct contact at Partner level.
- Carry out audit /accounts and related assignments.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Control the work flow and manage on a portfolio of clients.
- Deal with technical queries.
- Complete quality control.
- Communicate with line manager and develop from both a technical and personal perspective.
- Staff management such as managing productivity, lateness and inductions.
- Understand the client's business and identify issues over and above those immediately arising from the work being reviewed.
- Advising staff and reviewing work in statutory accounts, audit, management accounts, VAT, corporation tax, personal tax and bookkeeping.
- Self-development to enable you to progress to a manager level
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically competent.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- Exceptional understanding of statutory accounts
- Good understanding of audit (from planning to completion)
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
What's on Offer
- Mixed Role
- Central London Based
- Client Exposure
- Supervisory Experience
- Accessible by the Jubilee Line or Metropolitan Line