You are here
Accounts and Audit Supervisor (North West London)
ACA, ACCA, Accounts, Audit, Corporation Tax
Supervisory, Career Progression, Wembley
About Our Client
This established client with 11 Partners and approximately 45 staff prides themselves on delivering excellent service to their clients by offering a range of corporate and private client services.
Our client offers services in accountancy, audit and assurance, tax compliance and planning, business strategy planning, payroll, bookkeeping, company statutory matters and a host of connected services, including computer systems advice. They also have excellent connections globally meaning they are able to maintain their service level for their international clients. Additionally, they have a Wealth Management arm to provide a comprehensive and popular financial advisory service for businesses and individuals. These additional services have the ability to add real value to their clients businesses, a goal they strive for.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a fantastic practice and gain exposure to an exciting and varied mix of clients in sectors such as property, retail, charities and manufacturing with turnovers typically between £1 million and £100 million.
- 70% Accounts 20% Audit and 10% Corporation Tax
- Supervising 8 staff members from trainees to seniors in an 11 partner firm with approximately 45 staff
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Job costing and being responsible for agreed costs.
- Responsible for performing accountancy duties including planning and finalising jobs on-site.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, direct contact at Partner level.
- Carry out audit /accounts and related assignments.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Control the work flow and manage on a portfolio of clients.
- Deal with technical queries.
- Complete quality control.
- Communicate with line manager and develop from both a technical and personal perspective.
- Staff management such as managing productivity, lateness and inductions.
- Understand the client's business and identify issues over and above those immediately arising from the work being reviewed.
- Advising staff and reviewing work in statutory accounts, audit, management accounts, VAT, corporation tax, personal tax and bookkeeping.
- Self-development to enable you to progress to a manager level
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically competent.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- Exceptional understanding of statutory accounts
- Good understanding of audit (from planning to completion)
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
What's on Offer
- Mixed Role
- Central London Based
- Client Exposure
- Supervisory Experience
- Accessible by the Jubilee Line or Metropolitan Line