You are here
Accounts Manager incorporating overseeing the Audit function
Mid Tier firm in City of London
Aim Listed Clients
About Our Client
Our client prides themselves on delivering excellent service to their clients by taking their client's interests to heart and being proactive in recommending value added solutions. They also have a wide range of services, both traditional accountancy services and more innovative business advisory and development services whilst working with aim listed clients. These advisory services have the ability to add real value to their clients businesses, a goal they strive for.
This client employ true professional experts who work with clients in a variety of sectors, however specialising with the aim listed clients of which they are one of the country's largest firms to do so. Sectors include property, pharmaceutical, retail and fashion.
This role will be focused on the accounts function of the business and provide client exposure portfolio ownership. It will allow you to manage a team of 4-5 staff whilst reporting direct to Partner. You will be overseeing the delegation and work flow of the audit team, however will not carrying out the audits yourself.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this managers position will be/have:
- 90% Accounts 10% Audit
- Run your own portfolio of mixed clients and turnovers
- Supervising a team of 4-5 members from trainee to senior level
- Be responsible for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff, supervising and reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, direct contact at Partner level.
- In charge of the accounts function providing regular and accurate updates to the partners
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Be keen to get involved with networking and business development
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Advising staff and reviewing work in statutory accounts, audit, management accounts, VAT, corporation tax, personal tax and bookkeeping.Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with high exposure in practice.
- Technically excellent ability in general accounts and tax queries.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- Exceptional understanding of statutory accounts
- Good understanding of audit (from planning to completion)
- High level of personal motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
What's on Offer
- Accounts Manager incorporating overseeing the Audit function
- Mixed Role
- Central London Based
- Client Exposure