You are here
Accounts Manager (NW)
Reputable Top 70 Firm
Responsibility of your own portfolio
About Our Client
A fantastic firm of chartered accountants in North London providing a structured and progressive career path for their employees. Their client base is very impressive and the exposure of work on offer will certainly enhance accounting skills and offer a challenge to lead an exciting team. A firm with fresh ideas and growth plans and a long term business mindset.
- Be a leader and a role model to team members
- Assist in recruitment & selection of team members
- Supervise team members and provide training for all levels
- Provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback to your team by performing team appraisals and file reviews
- Allocate the work flow and set time scales for the team to work within
- Review accounts files before passing to the partner for final review and clearance
- Have a full understanding of accounts documentation on Caseware
- Develop working relationships with client and be the first port of call for general queries and advice
- Take responsibility for finalising jobs including prompt billing and dealing directly with Partner.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Have full understanding of clients' personal and corporate tax affairs becoming familiar with all filing and payment requirements
- Have an understanding of all the Firm's services to discuss them at a general level with clients (subject to regulatory constraints in relation to audit clients).
The Successful Applicant
This successful qualifed (ACA/ACCA) manager for this chartered accountancy firm will be able to provide advice and guidance on particular specialist areas and disciplines.
- Delegate work to team as appropriate to ensure:
- Be able to deal with non-standard situations. Use your own judgement and if necessary present the issue to a Partner with the proposed solution.
- Show enthusiasm, interest in and aptitude for the work assigned.
- Be able to describe in detail the client's business, the main risks facing the business, how the business performed in the year and identify any potential errors in the accounts and also take the proactive action to resolve these.
- Be able to talk confidently about other services the firm can offer which may be of interest to the client (subject to regulatory constraints in relation to audit clients).
- Attend training courses and development opportunities as identified and apply knowledge learnt.
- Take an active role in your own development and ensure you meet CPD requirements.
- Complete CPD forms on time
- Be confident in using all aspects of Caseware and AlphaTax
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to work with an established successful business in North London in a supportive and progressive firm offering a competitive salary and good benefits.