You are here
Accounts Senior - Top 20 Accountancy Practice
Qualified or Qualified by exerience accountant with exposure to accounts work
Excellent client exposure and advisory/ compliance work
About Our Client
The overall company ethos in respect of its expectations of its employees is that the entire company has to work together as a team, each being interdependent on the others for the production of all works requested by our clients.
The overriding fact is that as a company, they are dependent on maintaining their client base, and therefore the main aim is to provide an efficient, effective and above all professional service to their clients.
This Top 20 Firm has a vibrant atmosphere and relies on team work within the business to succeed.
The main duties for this Accounts Senior & Management Assistant within an accountancy practice are:
- To assist in the accounts production for all clients as required by the directors in order to ensure that all clients accounts are prepared on a timely basis, and to liaise with the directors and the clients as necessary to ensure that all statutory reporting requirements are adhered to.
- To assist the accounts manager with the planning and recording of the of the practice. To prepare file review notes of accounts prepared by colleagues within the accounts team. To help with the monitoring and e-filing process of all corporate accounts.
- To be directly responsible for specific tasks requested by the partners. To be pro-active in all matters arising from work and tasks set by the partners and accounts manager.
- To review accounts files for completeness and accuracy of content, and to liaise with the directors and the clients accordingly.
- To assist in the preparation of final accounts, including tax computations and returns.
- To assist the directors generally in ensuring that required service levels for all clients are met, to include:
* Preparation of management accounts as required
* VAT Returns
* Cash flows and projections
* Payroll and P11D
* Review and implementation of client book-keeping systems
- To undertake any ad hoc assignments or ancillary work as and when required.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the company's systems, both manual and computerised, as the need arises.
- To attend such training programs as required to ensure that you remain up to date in terms of changes to reporting requirements and audit procedures.
- To undertake to train clients and other staff members as required in the operation of computerised accounting packages, in particular, Sage.
- To maintain a full record of all time worked within the office duly annotated and submitted to the administration staff on a weekly basis.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates who wish to apply for this Accounts Senior vacancy will:
- Be a Part qualified or qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Have experience with liaising with clients on a regular basis
- Have experience in Accounts preparation
- Have a fundamental knowledge of tax computations and returns
What's on Offer
A competitive salary in the region of £25,000-£35,000 dependent on experience