You are here
This position is now filled
Accounts Senior - Your own portfolio of clients
- Accounts Senior required for a Tunbridge Wells based Accountancy Practice
- ACA/ACCA qualified with all-round experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading independent firm of chartered accountants in Tunbridge Wells. They are known for their active encouragement and support offered to employees as well as generous remuneration packages. They offer a full range of accounting and advisory services to clients in Tunbridge Wells and the South East. There are fantastic progression prospects on offer too, with potential partnership for the right candidate.
Prepare and review client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
Manage a portfolio of c 150 clients
Identifies points to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
Finalises paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries such as CCH or software vendors
Involvement with Audit work as and when required
Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
Completion of overtime as and when required
Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up were required
Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
The Successful Applicant
* The Accounts Senior will be ideally ACA/ACCA qualified but will consider qualified by experience at Accounts Senior level with a background within accountancy practice preparing accounts and other skills.,
* Good organisational and administrative skills * Excellent attention to detail
* Proven analytical skills.
* Good computer skills
* Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
* Ability to work as part of a team, yet also work using own initiative when required
What's on Offer