You are here
Experience with liaising with clients on a regular basis
Accounts preparation, Preparing tax computations and returns
About Our Client
The overall company ethos in respect of its expectations of its employees is that the entire company has to work together as a team, each being interdependent on the others for the production of all works requested by our clients.
The overriding fact is that as a company, they are dependent on maintaining their client base, and therefore the main aim is to provide an efficient, effective and above all professional service to their clients.
The Firm has a vibrant atmosphere and relies on team work within the business to succeed.
The main duties for this Accounts Senior are:
- To assist in the accounts production for all clients as required by the directors in order to ensure that all clients accounts are prepared on a timely basis, and to liaise with the directors and the clients as necessary to ensure that all statutory reporting requirements are adhered to.
- To assist the accounts manager with the planning and recording of the of the practice. To prepare file review notes of accounts prepared by colleagues within the accounts team. To help with the monitoring and e-filing process of all corporate accounts.
- To be directly responsible for specific tasks requested by the partners. To be pro-active in all matters arising from work and tasks set by the partners and accounts manager.
- To review accounts files for completeness and accuracy of content, and to liaise with the directors and the clients accordingly.
- To assist in the preparation of final accounts, including tax computations and returns.
- To assist the directors generally in ensuring that required service levels for all clients are met, to include:
* Preparation of management accounts as required
* VAT Returns
* Cash flows and projections
* Payroll and P11D
* Review and implementation of client book-keeping systems
- To undertake any ad hoc assignments or ancillary work as and when required.
- To assist in the development and implementation of the company's systems, both manual and computerised, as the need arises.
- To attend such training programs as required to ensure that you remain up to date in terms of changes to reporting requirements and audit procedures.
- To undertake to train clients and other staff members as required in the operation of computerised accounting packages, in particular, Sage.
- To maintain a full record of all time worked within the office duly annotated and submitted to the administration staff on a weekly basis.
Ancillary Duties for the Accounts Senior & Management Assistant are:
- To undertake the production of all work as requested in a friendly, efficient and effective manner, whilst making every effort to ensure accuracy of content and that deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- To adhere to the company's procedures in respect of all matters documented or otherwise notified.
- To liaise with other members of administrative staff to ensure that all work required by the company is produced on a timely basis and that continuous cover is maintained at all times during office opening hours.
- To be aware of the overall office environment and to take an active role in maintaining that environment to the highest standards.
- To maintain high standards of organisation, cleanliness and tidiness both personally and environmentally whilst on the premises.
- To undertake such other duties not specified herein but which may be reasonably requested of you by the directors or other employees
- Client contact dealing with complex queries and taking project work off of the Partner
- Management accounts for large clients
- Dealing with HMRC on investigations etc
The Successful Applicant
Candidates who wish to apply for this Accounts Senior & Management Assistant in Cirencester need to have the following requirements:
- Part qualified or qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience with liaising with clients on a regular basis
- Accounts preparation
- Must have a strong knowledge of tax computations and returns
- Sage 50 Accounts
What's on Offer
My client are offering a very competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to progress within the business. This role also supports the partners and helping on their projects and having an input with their client accounts as well. This firm offers a very warm environment and has a strong family feel to it, as when require everyone in the firm pitches in to help out.
This will give someone great exposure who is looking to enhance and develop their career, with clear exposure to the firms high profile clients and work very closely with the partners offering support and expertise to daily issues.
On site parking is available, with flexible working hours on offer to employees