You are here
Application Support Engineer
£30,000 - £32,000
- A chance to join a multinational retail brand at their Midlands headquarters
- Bespoke Application Support at a 3rd line level, covering SQL and Oracle
About Our Client
- The business are an international retail organisation, founded over 100 years ago, and have grown to generate multi-million pound revenues year-on-year within the expanding market of health and nutrition.
- They have offices across the UK, with a centralised IT function operating out of their Midlands head office site in Nuneaton.
- The business are planning to implement a range of exciting projects across Group IT, working hand-in-hand with the US side of the business.
- With these changes, and forecasts for significant growth, you will have access to a unique level of career progression opportunities as the IT function evolves.
- As the Application Support Engineer, your main responsibility will be to provide bespoke application and general technical support at a 3rd line level across the business's UK infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for successful resolution of application support issues, and be the point of escalation to relevant software providers where required.
- You will be working closely with the 2nd line desktop support team, and 3rd line infrastructure in the installation and support of software and hardware across a large-scale systems network.
- The role will predominantly be based at the company's Nuneaton head office, but occasional travel to local satellite sites may be required.
The Successful Applicant
- As the Application Support Engineer, you will have in-depth commercial experience of supporting multiple applications, preferably with a focus on finance and HR systems.
- You will have a strong knowledge of SQL from an application support perspective.
- You will possess the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have excellent communication skills.
- As the Application Support Engineer, you will ideally have experience of supporting servers and network storage.
- In depth experience of backup technologies.
- Experience of Cisco based technologies, such as routers and switches.
- Experience of mailing / messaging protocols - Exchange, BES.
- Support of AS400 systems would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
£32,000 + corporate benefits.