You are here
- Undertake the front end engineering/concept design and proposal generation
- Ensuring you provide the necessary services and support for Project Managers
About Our Client
Michael Page are in partnership with a successful, well established Engineering business based in Derbyshire. Our client offers a diverse range of sustainable solutions achieved through continued innovation and development. Our client strive to deliver the highest quality of service to the international market through a wide range of specialist services including mechanical, electrical and structural engineering.
The purpose of the role is to undertake the front end engineering/concept design and proposal generation for the assigned account and for projects allocated to the Applications Engineer. The activities shall be aligned to ensure that the overall business objectives are met (secure profitable contracts) and ensure positive customer relationships are maintained for the benefit of the company.
This will include:
- Ensuring that you provide the necessary services and support that the Project Managers require in order that the client can excel as a Project Centric organisation; delivering compliant projects on time, to budget, in a way that satisfies our customers whilst ensuring the sustainability and growth of the business.
- Providing a technical engineering and proposal support service to new and existing customers in order to secure profitable contracts.
- Providing front end engineering concept designs and technical support; producing concept designs, general arrangement drawings & sketches, calculations, costings and proposals in a timely and cost effective manner to meet our customer's requirements.
- Creating, developing and maintaining positive customer relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Taking the technical lead for proposals and being directly involved with product development and product improvement.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Applications Engineer based in Derbyshire you will have experience in and be able to:
- Produce concept designs and calculations for our range of noise control, filtration & emission reduction products, where relevant considering structural, air flow dynamics, acoustic and logistical aspects of the design.
- Prepare documents, general arrangement drawings and sketches to effectively communicate and capture the equipment required to meet the customer's needs, such that the costs can be estimated.
- Co-ordinate the production of internal and external estimates for the proposed design solution, including the production of equipment specifications.
- Work with the Sales Lead to produce financial cost models of the proposed customer solution/s for approval.
- Produce detailed proposal documents and general arrangement drawings to effectively communicate the solution, managing the scope of supply, compliance and project risk and highlighting the benefits offered by the company.
- Support & contribute to product improvement & development initiatives including continuous improvement.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate - Please apply for more details.
Monday - Friday Days Position.