You are here
This position is now filled
- Senior Building/Architectural Technician
- Expanding National House Builder across the Midlands
About Our Client
Established for over a century, the company has a national presence operating regionally, predominantly across the South East, South West and Centrally.
Their main emphasis is in the delivery of high quality 4/5/6 bedroom family homes, and they are amongst the few who have a dedicated in house technical team focused on Design.
Over the years, they have grown steadily which has ultimately secured their reputation as one of the strongest House Builders today.
Due to a phenomenal 2015, the Central region delivered just under 1000 new units, which has prompted the strategic and organic split of 1 geography into two.
- Negotiate effectively with a wide range of organisations, statutory bodies and interest groups to achieve the desired design outcomes;
- Communicate effectively with all relevant departments in writing, verbally and in presentation format;
- Design innovative solutions to counter unique land conditions;
- Establish and maintain strong and respected working relationships with internal departments, local authorities and companies throughout the region;
- Co-ordinate and liaise with internal departments and provide accurate and timely information.
- Design and adapt house types, apartments, site layouts and detail drawings for both residential and social housing schemes;
- Produce accurate planning and technical information as required and within agreed timescales;
- Be conversant with all current building regulations, procedures, construction methods, materials costs and general market conditions in relation to Company products;
- Production of SAP assessments and EPC certificates as required to meet the needs of the region is essential;
- Attend regional sites to resolve technical and construction related problems. Detail and monitor acceptable solutions to resolve;
- Prepare and obtain relevant approvals for ancillary and associated drawings;
- Analyse project audits on site build and sales feedback and identify and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Manipulate house type plans and site layouts to produce drawings for sales brochure presentation;
- Utilise the broader advantage of CAD systems to improve levels of presentation;
- Coach and support team members as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal and successful candidate will:
- Have either a HNC/HND in Construction or Building studies OR degree in Architectural Technology;
- Be affiliated with or a member of CIAT;
- Have greater than 5 years' experience as a Technician and fully conversant with UK Building Regulations;
- Ideally, you will have experience within the residential sectors to fully appreciate complexities;
- Awareness of CfSH & LTH;
Critically, you will be a 'people-person' and thrive off working in an energetic team environment. Innovation and progression are what drive you. You are a self-starter and you have a high level of personal pride in your work, constantly seeking to improve yourself professionally and advance.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary (negotiable) within a progressive and forward thinking company - no glass ceiling.
Unlimited room for growth as you join a new business area.
Benefits include company car, healthcare, pension and numerous annual get-togethers.