You are here
This position is now filled
Area Manager - West London
- Growing charity retailer looking to progress candidates
- Offering a great working environment
About Our Client
The client is a growing charity retailer, known for their high street stores that offer a range of general merchandise and furniture items.
This role will involve:
1. Managing team of shop managers.
2. Ensure excellent customer service is delivered as standard throughout.
3. Maximising sales and profitability of our shops overall
4. Provide a stimulating, supportive and safe working environment ensuring that all of our policy and procedures are adhered to across the shops you are responsible for.
5. Implement training and development of staff and volunteers.
6. Ensure all cash handling and banking procedures comply with policy.
7. Ensure all goods sold are complaint with trading standards
8. Encourage shops to actively promote the work of the charity by displaying literature, by being up to date with relevant information and by working as a team to create the best results overall for the Foundation.
9. Encourage all structured opportunities such as gift aid, corporate events and other shop based promotions.
10. Plan work for your area of operations and set performance targets.
11. Ensure that your team of shop managers regularly change windows and internal displays.
12. Ensure that bought in goods are priced coded and displayed in an appropriate fashion, and all back room stock is stored in an organised and safe manner.
13. Take an active part in all stock takes to ensure they are carried out in line with instructions.
14. Identify business objectives for improvement in and evaluate implications of new opportunities within your area.
15. Keep accurate records relating to line management and 1-1's together with all other appropriate staff information, including overtime and time sheets as necessary.
16. Assist with and compile weekly staff rotas as needed and ensure holiday, absence and any other staff records are accurately recorded.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
Have area manager or multi-site experience
Be respectful within their position
Responsive to all queries from customers or colleagues
Be reliable as an area manager
Have good knowledge of managing multi-sites
Ability to manage budgets
What's on Offer
Our client is offering 30-32k/annum