You are here
Area Sales Manager
North West England
£35,000 - £40,000
Area Sales Manager - North West
Capital Equipment into the NHS and Private Sector
About Our Client
The Company are leading manufacturers and distributors of high quality medical equipment and devices.
- Determine and agree a Territory Sales Activity plan with the National Sales Manager in order to achieve and exceed the territory sales targets and objectives.
- Ensure all customers and hospitals are visited regularly and that all customers are kept up-to-date about the Company's products and prices. Attends promptly to all correspondence and customer requests for action. Arrange customer visits to the factory when requested to do so.
- Collect information about competitors' products and prices and report same to Marketing Department.
- Promote and demonstrate products as appropriate.
- Maintain own stock of samples and sales literature, obtaining replenishments from Lancing when necessary. Maintain customer records and submit to Lancing as required.
- Organise, set up and attend exhibitions, meetings and study days on behalf of the Company.
- Follow up all customer complaints immediately and complete required documentation and submit same to Lancing with a sample of product that is subject of complaint. Ensure that customer complaints about a product are not due to misuse or inadequate storage.
- Investigate complaints about delivery problems and identify the source of hold ups and ensure these are overcome as quickly as possible.
- Develop relationships with peers, Sales Management and all related departments to ensure the communication of mutually relevant information.
- To maintain a cost-effective control over personal expenses and to report details of entertainment, travelling and other expenditure accurately and regularly as required by Management
The Successful Applicant
- Commercial experience selling capital equipment into Operating theatre environments (desirable)
- Clinical background experience in Operating Theatre i.e. Nursing, ODP (preferable)
- Proven track record of success in modern field sales techniques (essential)
- Sound IT skills, i.e. email, Excel, Word (essential)
- Driving licence (essential)
What's on Offer
- Basic salary of £35K - 40K
- OTE £10 to £15K per annum - uncapped
- Company car - Audi A4 estate
- 25 days holiday
- Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers