You are here
This position is now filled
Assets & Maintenance Manager
- Private Sector: Residential
- Property Manager
About Our Client
A successful residential investor requiring a highly skilled property manager. The company is committed to continual improvement.
The client has considerable resources and the ambition to be the biggest in the region and longer term to be a significant national player.
The current portfolio is late nineteenth century stock and so the successful candidate must have the necessary technical expertise and hands on experience to deal with the challenges this present. However in the short to medium term the portfolio will be supplemented with newly built stock and this is the direction the client wants to move in.
The position will suit an energetic, ambitious and commercially focused individual who wants to 'get in on the ground floor' and have the opportunity to mould and develop a market leading customer focused repairs and asset management function for a new PRS business.
- Provide a high quality responsive repairs service to our customers, managing the process from initial repair report to completion of the repair.
- Manage the maintenance and improvement programme.
- Manage the void process, including establishing scope of work required.
- Instructing works and managing various contractors and subcontractors. Sign off work completed and approve invoices for payment.
- Be responsible for ensuring and maintaining full compliance on matters such as gas test certificates, legionella and fire alarms etc.
- Ensure the property management system (asset register) is up to date.
- Controlling cost and ensuring quality and timely delivery. Sign off completed and approve invoices for payment.
- Develop and improve internal systems of repair and maintenance.
- Produce and prepare regular performance reports.
- Assist with the effective absorption of newly built stock into the portfolio.
- Provide technical support to the acquisition and development team in terms of specification and component choice.
The Successful Applicant
We are Looking for an ambitious property professional who would welcome the challenge of working client side for a PRS landlord/Investor with exciting plans to further grow its current residential portfolio across the northwest.
- Degree level education is desirable with HND being the minimum level that can be accepted.
- Must have maintenance/property management experience.
- Strong technical expertise with a particular focus on housing (single family dwellings).
- RP/HA background is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Residential licensing e.g. HMO licences Etc.
- Capable of working in an often pressured environment with demanding clients to a high degree of accuracy.
- A good communicator with staff of all levels and with clients. This should be both orally and written.
- Experience of managing change to ensure that best practise processes are implemented.
- Very IT literate and experience of residential property management systems would be a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits.