You are here
- Competitive Salary with great opportunity for internal progression
- Multi-Channel retailer
About Our Client
My Client boasts a reach of over 18 million affluent and engaged UK consumers monthly through its market-leading magazine media brands across a range of special interest sectors, including Food, Cycling, Parenting, Weddings and Craft.
The acquisition of a Multi-Channel retail business is a significant step in the business road map to drive growth and adjacent revenue opportunities as part of its platform.
- Support the overall business strategy, working across functions to deliver the business plan
- Creation and maintenance of strategic category plans to meet short & medium term business objectives gaining approval from line manager
- Source and purchase merchandise to meet customer needs in terms of choice, price and innovation
- Review historical data, trends and previous strategies to ascertain lessons learnt for future seasons
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and ever changing customer requirements for all products within the category
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Develop a sourcing strategy for given category to contribute the overall business plan
- Ensure new product development plan is in place to deliver customer and business requirements
The Successful Applicant
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage buying responsibility for a large number of sku's
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with suppliers
- Experience within a similar buying position.
- Ability to Plan, prioritise and focus on key issues.
- Self-starter and able to work to exacting deadlines.
- Strong Negotiation Skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and true development in a successful and growing business is on offer for the right candidate.