You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
- Global business based in Staffordshire
- Assistant Financial Controller with excellent opportunities
About Our Client
My client is a highly successful retail business, with a huge UK and overseas presence. Based in there head office in the north Birmingham area- you will be joining a successful team. The role is placed within Business Operations and is the largest UK Division with a turnover of circa £600 million.
Reporting in to the Financial Controller the role is an integral part of the Finance Function and you will have the opportunity to make the business even more successful, through driving continuous improvement.
- P&L (actual & forecast) plus variance analysis commentary
- Balance sheet - plus variance analysis commentary
- Balance sheet - reconciliation responsibility for key control accounts plus coordination of full monthly balance sheet review process
- Lead the development of financial procedures
- Ensure that effective financial and systems controls are in place including best practice internal control procedures, management reporting, forecasting, budgeting and capital expenditure and maintain compliance with Group reporting timetables.
- Actively encourage a common, customer-focused culture across the business.
- Constantly strive to improve practices and processes and to introduce new and innovative ideas.
- Contribute to the development of rolling medium term plans for the business in line with Group requirements.
- Support the MD and Financial Controller with ad hoc exercises including specific business proposals, projects etc… in an efficient and effective manner
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Candidate will ideally have a commercial accounting background gained through various industries, although a manufacturing business would be highly desirable. They will also have a proven track record of working to reporting deadlines, with high attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
What's on Offer