You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
Assistant Financial Controller role in International brand - Central London
ACA / ACCA qualified accountant with 2+years' post qualification experience in
About Our Client
My client is among the leading defence and security suppliers in the world and now is a great time to join the established and growing European company.
In Europe alone the company has over 2,000 employees and have significant expansion plans for the coming years. My client believes in offering their customers the best of their U.S and European Research & Development and technology to deliver solutions that solve their customer's security challenges.
This is a key appointment to support the development of a new Finance Function and will have the responsibility for and/or support key accounting processes for the UK Focus Country Entity and other corporate entities within the UK/ Europe Region.
This role will report directly into the Regional Finance Director and will also work closely with the US with respect to Statutory Reporting in the region.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Work with the International Reporting Group on the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and related financial information - will be the "key contact" for UK auditors
- Work with the Shared Service Group to identify and make improvements to existing processes and systems for the collection and reporting of financial information for the Focus Country Entity
- Support local management to ensure that appropriate financial controls are implemented and in lead specific compliance activity as required
- Work with the broader finance organisation to support the harmonisation of key financial processes across the UK entities
- Preparation of Actual to Plan Variance Analysis and provision of related management information for the UK entities and Corporate Departments
- Preparation of ad-hoc variance analysis or performance of accounting research as required to support management decisions
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and skillset:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA with Strong Academic record
- 2 years' + post qualification experience in industry
- Sound knowledge of UK GAAP and ideally exposure to US GAAP
- Strong MS skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of broader financial disciplines to include financial planning, forecasting and cost management accounting
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate financial information across the wider organisation to non-financials
- Experience working in a US or international organisation would be a benefit but not a must have.
What's on Offer
- £50,000 to £60,000
- Training , development and progression opportunities in an International organisation
- Based in Central London