You are here
Assistant IT Manager
£31,500 - £33,000
- The chance to join an international media agency as part of their IT function.
- Working as the assistant to the IT Manager, covering Windows and Mac technology.
About Our Client
- The business we are representing are truly global, with offices in over 100 countries, and an internationally revered client portfolio.
- Initially founded over a century ago, they boast a rich history in helping promote some of the world's most famous brands with some of the most memorable advertising campaigns.
- In the UK, they have several large sites, with a thriving, fully refurbished office in Solihull that includes a centralised IT function.
- As the Assistant IT Manager, you will be joining an existing IT team that covers both Windows and Mac systems at a 1st, 2nd and 3rd line level in a fluid team structure.
- This is a really good opportunity for someone looking for an active, hands-on role, with a lot of interaction with a large-scale end-user base.
- You will be responsible for supporting three separate sites across Birmingham, Milton Keynes and Bristol, with the majority of face-to-face support out of the Birmingham office.
- As the Assistant IT Manager, you will cover both desktop and server support, including both day-to-day BAU operational tasks, as well as larger scale project work, both Windows and Mac-based.
- You will be part of a small, hands-on team, sharing responsibilities across 1st, 2nd and 3rd line, as well as acting as the 'second-in-command' to the IT Manager.
- You will be responsible for providing presentations and training to staff on newly deployed projects from a post implementation perspective.
The Successful Applicant
- Personality is absolutely key. Our client operates in an industry where communication is key, so you will have the ability to work in a business-facing environment, and build strong relationships and rapport with the internal user base.
- You will have leadership experience, with the ability to step into the shoes of the IT Manager where required, and also deliver presentations to key stakeholders and end-users.
- As the Assistant IT Manager, you will have experience in the support and management of Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory environments at a 2nd/3rd line level.
- From a desktop perspective you will have good hands-on support experience with Windows 7, and preferably a good understanding of Mac operating systems.
- You will have experience in virtualisation, ideally with VMware vSphere technologies.
- You will have a good knowledge of backups, preferably with Symantec experience.
What's on Offer
£31,000-£33,000 + corporate benefits.