You are here
Assistant Legal Counsel
£32,000 - £42,000
- Assistant Legal Counsel
About Our Client
Please contact Kate James on 0121 6348800 for a confidential discussion about this vacancy.
- First review of commercial contracts and other proposed arrangements with customers, liaising with the business, and feedback to internal customers so as to achieve the best balance of commercially and legal risk. Support sales colleagues directly as appropriate.
- First review commercial contracts and other proposed arrangements in the supply chain and feedback to internal customers so as to achieve the strongest legal protection for the business. Support purchasing colleagues directly with supplier calls and meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain and operate systems to improve supply chain legal arrangements including supplier/agent due diligence, revised standard purchase agreements and documentation with appropriate policy, procedures and guidance materials.
- Assist in any actual, threatened or potential legal proceedings brought by or against the Company.
- Support and deliver internal training and education programmes in relation to legal matters (e.g. contract, confidentiality, etc) and compliance (e.g. competition law, anti-bribery & corruption, etc)
- Assist in the efficient and effective operation and development of legal services within the Company.
- Support group compliance enhancement activities.
- Undertake additional or other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the Legal Department and as directed and deemed appropriate by the Legal Director & Company Secretary and/or Senior Legal Counsel.
The Successful Applicant
we are looking for a commercial who has / is:
- Thorough understanding of the law relating to contracts, including contracts for the supply of goods and services
- Skilled in the review of commercial contracts and in the negotiation of their terms
- Practical knowledge gained from working in the in-house legal department of a UK or European company, or in private practice providing commercial support to UK or European clients
- Competent in providing practical commercial advice on a wide range of legal and compliance matters and disputes
- Able to plan and prioritise workloads, using expertise to deliver quality services
- Commercial acumen and practical problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to build constructive relationships and to communicate effectively and with confidence at all levels
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing and possess the ability to facilitate communication across Europe and Globally
- Highly computer literate and has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Minimum 2 years' post-qualification experience gained in private practice or in the in-house legal department of a UK or European company (or any balanced combination of the two) with at least 1 year contract/commercial law experience.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity for a junior lawyer to work in house.