You are here
Assistant Manager/Manager - International Audit
- Client Facing Role with Excellent Career Prospects
- International Experience Needed - USGAAP and PCAOB experience ideal
About Our Client
Client is a Big Four Practice Firm based in a desirable central Bristol location.
Proven history of rewarding achievement and furthering careers of employees.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Manager/Manager - International Audit roles are:
- Take responsibility for planning, executing and finalising all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with Managers or Partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients, identifying opportunities and be a point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- Prepare initial draft reports including audit opinions and management letters.
- Manage against budgets, agree and negotiate fees and agree cash collection..
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, develop and appraise trainees and executives within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Actively provide regular feedback to trainees and executives, assisting them with their development plans and preparing engagement appraisals.
- Ensures job appraisals are completed for staff within set deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training of the audit team and wider audit group.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
The Successful Applicant
Required experience for the Assistant Manager/Manager - International Audit roles are:
- Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience with working with global clients.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members on client premises and in the office.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience producing reports, completion memos and presentations for clients.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience in internal audit.
- Experience in report writing.
- Appetite for networking and sales.
- Experience in pitching to clients and preparing presentations for client proposals.
- PCAOB Qualified
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience.
Excellent career progression prospects.
Competitive Benefits package.