You are here
Assistant Merchandise Planner
Are you an existing Assistant Merchandiser looking for new opportunities?
Do you have experience working within a fast-paced retail business?
About Our Client
A well-established retail business based in South West London, near Twickenham; the business has a varied product offer across a large store portfolio in the UK. The business is in a position of huge multi-channel growth, and so as the business continues to grow, and expand its teams, it's a great time for a new Assistant Merchandiser to come on board.
The HQ office is easily accessible by car or public transport. On-site parking is available.
The key responsibility of the Assistant Merchandiser is to get the right stock for their specific categories in the right place at the right time, implementing the forward plan and enabling the business to provide an enticing, product selection with the optimum mix for customers, all the while ensuring that this offer meets the commercial plans of the business.
The key responsibilities within this role will include, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Orders the correct quantity of stock to arrive at the right place at the right time so as to provide an enticing product selection for customers.
- Monitors stock availability and investigates and responds to variances against plan making recommendations for action so as to make sure that stock forecasts are met.
- Identifies areas for improvements and recommends new ways of working within the team so as to enable the team to continually improve on their performance and efficiencies.
- Collaborates with trading colleagues making sure that the product lines are ordered and are available at the right time thereby making sure that forward plans are fully implemented.
- Orders agreed levels of stock with suppliers so that future stock requirements are achievable and are delivered at the right time and at the right place.
- Scans the market place and understands the current and emerging buying habits within the gardening and leisure industries so as to understand the products that customers value the most.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Assistant Merchandise Planner will be an existing Assistant Merchandiser, or certainly acting at that level; assisting the Merchandiser where necessary with the typical merchandising responsibilities; weekly trading analysis and review, action-planning, promotional and mark-down activity, store ranging/grading, intake management, and preparation for sign-off and strategy meetings. The successful candidate will ideally be working within a head office of a Fashion, Homewares or FMCG retail business.
What's on Offer
For the role of Assistant Merchandise Planner, a competitive salary is on offer as well as great, fast-track career progression.