You are here
Assistant Pricing and Forecasting Manager
- Pricing and Forecasting
- Edinburgh, Financial Services
About Our Client
My client is a growing challenger bank based in Edinburgh, looking to grow their team within mortgages.
- Support the delivery of the P&L and delivery of Sales, Retention, Income, Cost & Contribution lines. In particular the income targets set out in the business plan.
- Deliver customer and profitability insight at cohort level, on the front book. Help identify areas of opportunity where we underperform and work with key stakeholders to build a plan to remedy.
- Support the effective oversight of an inventive, differentiated, cost effective Marketing & PR strategy / execution for loans by building effective relationship with Marketing & PR stakeholders.
- Play active role in the interlock for Loans with all Stakeholders (Monthly, Quarterly & Reforecast), ensuring appropriate support is in place to deliver the plan & business objectives.
- Day to day management of all Loans pricing models (front book)
- Play active role in the development of competitor intelligence and translate into commercial advantage that drives improvements in business performance and profitability.
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly trading MI to support the entire Loans business.
- Develop, Recommend, Present & Seek Approval for compelling Commercial & Pricing Initiatives.
- Coordinate implementation all pricing changes.
- Support Risk agenda for loans with overall business objectives, working closely with Credit Risk. Help identify areas of opportunity where we underperform and work with key stakeholders to build a plan to remedy.
- Support Credit Risk in the testing and implementation of new strategies.
- Product sign-off to marketing material, aligned to product propositions and pricing.
- Liaison with Decision Support on the use of profitability models and the tracking of product profitability and costs to maximise product features and pricing.
- Embrace conduct, operational & regulatory risk management as key responsibility in role and drive for appropriate customer outcomes.
The Successful Applicant
Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve performance and deliver them.
Experience in recommendations of pricing of product ranges
Knowledge of financial environment with excellent analytical skills - highly numerate
Sound oral and written communication skills.
Results driven individual.
Educated to degree level or equivalent. Ideally a mathematical, statistics, engineering or scientific degree at minimum level 2:1 or relevant professional qualification
Commercial acumen, with strong financial & return / value creation understanding.
Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
Customer focused, with an ability to understand customer need and build compelling & profitable customer propositions.
Exceptional relationship management skills with an ability to challenge and drive high performance from stakeholders.
SAS and/or SQL experience preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + package based on experience.