You are here
This position is now filled
Assistant Project Manager
- Form part of the in-house product development team managing projects
- Plan all aspects of product development, implementation and product delivery
About Our Client
Michael Page are in partnership with a successful, well established Engineering business based in Derbyshire. Our client offers a diverse range of sustainable solutions achieved through continued innovation and development. Our client strive to deliver the highest quality of service to the international market through a wide range of specialist services including mechanical, electrical and structural engineering.
The role of Assistant Project Manager is to plan, execute and complete projects according to the purchase order, scope, delivery dates and budget, working in conjunction with an experienced Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Manager on high risk/high value projects, whilst managing lower risk projects under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Managing all aspects of project performance, adhering to budget and exceeding delivery and quality requirements.
- Generating project plans to ensure alignment with project scope and objectives whilst ensuring both management and the team buy-in to the plan.
- Delivering project plan reports to both internal and external stakeholders ensuring they're inclusive of all key information.
- Ensuring invoices are promptly made and paid by the customer in accordance with the contracted terms and against appropriate milestones.
- Both attending and supporting customer meetings to manage customer relationships.
- To work with the project manager in ensuring all information and equipment needed to take a product from development through to production is supplied throughout the development process.
- Identifying and grading project risks via the company risk register, and recommending mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Ensuring any change change of scope is captured, and project value is amended accordingly via the change control process.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Assistant Project Manager role will have:
- HND/BSc/HNC Mechanical/Electrical or equivalent standard
- 3 years previous experience in Project Engineer role
- Experienced in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of project planning and systems
- Understanding of Quality and Health Safety & Environmental operational systems.
- Motivated, passionate and up for a challenge.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.