You are here
Associate Construction Counsel
- Experience of working with construction industry standard form contracts
- Non-contentious experience in construction industry
About Our Client
A market leader who have designed and built some iconic buildings in the UK, India, Spain, Portugal and China.
Advising on contract strategy and contract terms, in particular:
- architect's appointments
- sub-consultancy agreements
- collateral warranties
- novation agreements
- variations and contract amendments
- working with business colleagues to ensure contract terms comply with company policy and, where there are exceptions, to obtain requisite internal approvals.
Advising on legal/contractual issues during project execution, including:
- Training non-legal staff in understanding contract terms and importance of compliance.
- Advising on contract interpretation.
- Advising on claims management and liaison with PI insurers.
- Advising on other disputes.
Reporting to management, as required on:
- contract terms and status of negotiations.
- disputes and insurance claims
- other issues with legal implications.
Supporting Company Secretary and Senior Legal Counsel in:
- devising and implementing systems designed to ensure legal input is obtained by the business where appropriate.
- developing and implementing procedures designed to ensure that an appropriate contract strategy is used.
- developing and maintaining company policies on contract terms.
- developing and maintaining Legal Department operating procedures.
- developing and maintaining in-house standard form agreements.
- training non-legal staff in understanding contract terms and BM policy on contract terms.
- supervision of junior legal staff.
- devising and maintaining system for storage and retrieval of original contracts.
- devising and maintaining system for storage and retrieval of electronic copies of contracts.
- identifying situations where external lawyers can add value to the business.
- managing external lawyers and ensuring advice received meets the needs of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified lawyer
- Non-contentious experience in construction industry.
- Robust and confident, with a commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communicator.
- Self-sufficient in Outlook and Word.
- Well-organised and comfortable with high volume flow of work.
- Experience of managing contentious work including debt and PI claims.
What's on Offer
A competitive market rate