You are here
Associate Director of Contract Finance
- A key post to to drive overall financial management of contracts
- CCAB qualified (or equivalent)
About Our Client
An NHS organisation in the South of England
Working closely with other Provider Management, Business Intelligence and other colleagues you will collaborate to maximise the Provider Management contribution to delivery of customers strategic aims and ensuring effective delivery of Provider Management services, including leadership and direct delivery of these services where required.
The role will work across organisational boundaries, engaging a diverse range of stakeholders crucial to the successful outcomes of the CCGs contracting programme. You will manage a skilled and well organised team, capable of delivering across a wide range of complex financial management, contracting and performance management processes. Engagement with the Multi-Disciplinary teams, local and regional teams and nationally, with very senior staff is necessary, to drive the ongoing development of NHS contracting across all provisional routes.
The post-holder will have a complex set of multi-disciplinary working relationships with the NHS public sector and commercial organisations including Contract Finance, Contract Management and Business Information teams, Chief Executives, Executive Directors, Providers, CCGs as well as liaison with NHSE and NHSI.
You will be responsible for
- Managing a large contract finance team who provide the annual contract financial planning cycle service to the CCGs, including monthly and quarterly actuals, forecast out turn, budgets, as well as scenarios dependent on anticipated risk.
- Building effective relationships with customer CCGs, providers and internal staff to ensure service provision is exemplary. Effectively manage daily operational issues as they arise.
- Ensuring effective systems are in place to manage all contract budgets and plans to agreed levels.
- Supporting contract negotiations when required with providers requiring well developed negotiation skills.
- Overseeing the teams to ensure a smooth service is given to the for contract financial evaluation and performance monitoring of all contract areas including acute, mental health & community services, out of hours and ambulance services.
- Providing vision, drive and leadership for the development of contract financial management to become a critical friend for the CCGs as they commission.
- Establishing and deliver a highly effective team to support the acute and non-acute contracting across the customer CCGs, thereby ensuring delivery of customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensuring expert knowledge and advice is available on all technical financial management issues, for example PbR tariff issues, new strategies, business case development and evaluation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be CCAB qualified (or equivalent) with thorough working knowledge of the NHS financial regime and knowledge of CCGs and their accounting framework. You will also be required to ensure expert knowledge and advice is available on all technical financial management issues, for example PbR tariff issues, new strategies, business case development and evaluation. You will also have expert knowledge of the accounting techniques, technical issues and costing methodologies used and an understanding of and ability to interpret strategic NHS issues.
The ability to motivate, develop and lead a team is also essential as are both excellent written and oral communication skills.
What's on Offer
This is a key post, with an immediate start date and a duration of 6 months. Pay rates will be commensurate with experience and ability but will be anticipated to be £550 per day.