You are here
Associate Managing Director - Forensic Accounting
- Forensic Accounting, Boutique Advisory, ACA / ACCA
- Frad, Disputes, investigations
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global provider of risk solutions who has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. With offices across the world the firm has a multidisciplinary team of over 2,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies, and individuals. They compete globally with the Big 4 accountancy firms.
The Associate Managing Director - Forensic Accounting will be expected to:
- Business Develop and Grow the Financial Investigations Practice:
- Support the development of the Financial Investigations Practice in the region by identifying new clients and business opportunities and retaining key relationships with existing clients.
- Actively identify business development opportunities and support wider marketing initiatives by attending networking events and presenting at seminars.
- Providing Business Development support to Managing Directors across the Practice globally.
- Actively convert business opportunities into profitable business engagements.
- Ensure the efficient management of cases:
- To gain a deep understanding of the case and client needs through discussions directly with the client.
- Accurately forecast and manage all aspects of case finances and contribute to the successful management of the practice budget to achieve profitable outcome.
- Responsibility for effectively running a case through to its closure, from structuring projects, managing resources, presenting findings and providing commercially viable advice to the client.
- Actively identify and recruit new assets and subcontractors in the region, managing these resources to achieve high quality output and cost effectiveness.
- Monitors quality of work of the case team, and ensures value is delivered to the client.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships, ensuring high standards of service and integrity are adhered to at all times.
- Support the development of junior case-staff by acting as mentor and ensuring high standards are met at all times.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (consisting of utilization rates, business generation and personal objectives) are consistently achieved.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the delivery of case-work.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across the network of offices and various business practices.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates for the London based Associate Managing Director - Forensic Accounting role have to demonstrate:-
- Extensive experience of working in a reputable professional or financial services firm, or from an investigative organization.
- FCA/SFO regulatory practice experience is desirable.
- Forensic accounting or Financial Investigation experience either in practice or in a regulatory environment
- Proven experience of delivering Business Development in an international professional service environment.
- Proven experience of developing and retaining key client relationships with own network of contacts.
- Extensive experience of managing complex cases and successfully managing resources and budget.
- Commercial understanding of both developed and emerging markets.
- Managerial level report writing skills
- Be a respected sounding board on all work related issues, demonstrating leadership and team management ability.
- Presentation and client relationship skills
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number of concurrent projects and tasks, managing competing demands.
- Proven ability to research relevant markets, analyses information and clearly identify commercial opportunities.
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines).
- Clarity of thought and expression to win confidence from key stakeholders and colleagues.
- A strong team work ethic and excellent people skills
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving
- ACA or ACCA Qualified preferably.
What's on Offer
£90,000 to £130,000 plus bonus and benefits dependent on experience