You are here
Assurance Advisor (Media Clients - Zone 2 North West London)
Accounts and Assurance Advisor, ACA, Media, Corporates
ACCA, Audit, Accounts, London, Zone 2, Jubillee Line
About Our Client
Our client is a leading media and entertainments accounting practice based in Zone 2 in North West London on the Jubilee line. This firm have many years experience in professional services; covering auditing, accounting and taxation services along with expert business advice.
Our client provides a great opportunity for client exposure with an exciting client base like no other practice that is based predominantly within the M25. This firm provides both audit and accounts services to both commercial clients as well as established individuals including many household names within the film and television industry, writers, comedians, presenters, composers, musicians, opera singers and models. They also act for clients that will be able to test your technical ability such as solicitors, retail, charities, manufacturing and many more.
This firm looks after its staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression. They are a people focused business and are extremely keen on building relationships with new or existing clients, or developing and supporting people internally. They pride themselves on their training programmes which are available to staff at all levels and across all disciplines.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following;
- Prepare and maintain working paper files to a very high standard
- Design and complete assurance work in accordance with engagement plan
- Produce the Audit of accounts for both corporate and non-corporate entities of various sizes
- Attend on site field work and testing for review of Audit seniors/manager
- Drafting reports covering financial statements, client business issues, systems and controls
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level
- Lead the more complicated audits and accounts assignments; be responsible for support team to ensure delivery within agreed timetable
- Manage workload to ensure all tasks are completed according to deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Liaise with clients to ensure that information is received in timely manner to prepare accounts and/or complete audit
- Identify opportunities for additional work/cross selling
- Develop support team by on the job training, directing and supervising their work
- Able to carry out ad-hoc assignments with assistance
- Book "Misc" days to provide time to catch up on completion matters
- Follow firm's methodology and apply professional ethics and standards
- Help to identify opportunities for additional work to up-sell and cross sell services to clients in conjunction with Manager/Partner
- Have a strong understanding of the intricacies of auditing for media and entertainment clients
- Begin to develop own professional network for marketing and introducing new clients
- Act with honesty, fairness and integrity in all dealings with clients, contacts and colleagues whilst respecting confidentiality and building trust
- Identify own training needs and ensure these are met through appropriate learning
- Progress own Performance Development Review and seek opportunities to develop new skills
- Complete and submit time-sheets within set deadlines
- Maintain client confidentiality out of the office, including on client premises
- Report to Managers and Partners
- Delegate to support team
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate MUST have the following skills:
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically excellent.
- Outstanding Audit ability at all stages from planning through to completion.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Willing to advise clients and develop client relationships.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
What's on Offer
- London Accountancy Practice
- £38000-£46000 per annum
- Client Exposure
- Media Clients