You are here
Audit & Accounts Advisor (Media Specialists)
- ACA, ACCA, Audit, Accounts, Business Advice
- Zone 2, Entertainment, Sports, TV personalities
About Our Client
Our client is a leading media and entertainments accounting practice based in Zone 2 in North West London easily accessible on the Jubilee and Overground lines.
This client is a 12 partner practice with approximately 100 staff; they have a 50/50 split between audit and accounts giving you a full exposure to both areas. As an independent practice, not only are you able to work with the clients on technical aspects but you will also get the opportunity to develop new business, cross sell solutions and provide business advice.
They are market leaders in entertainment clients and would provide an ideal opportunity to work on complex audits in areas such as property and retail as well as allowing you to access to the exciting world of media, entertainment and sports personalities.
Additionally, they are a member of an international network with associates in over 60 countries.
They have an exceptional working environment and focus on having an energetic and positive team. This firm particularly looks out for individuals with enthusiastic personalities. Being very keen on personality and working as a team.
Our client focuses on making sure their employees are happy and enjoy their working life and are all about giving credit for hard work; they are some particularly interesting benefits including which they are constantly developing.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following;
- Prepare and maintain working paper files to a very high standard
- Design and complete assurance work in accordance with engagement plan.
- Produce the Audit of accounts for both corporate and non-corporate entities of various sizes
- Attend on site field work and testing for review of Audit seniors/manager
- Drafting reports covering financial statements, client business issues, systems and controls.
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level.
- Lead the more complicated audits and accounts assignments; be responsible for support team to ensure delivery within agreed timetable
- Manage workload to ensure all tasks are completed according to deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Liaise with clients to ensure that information is received in timely manner to prepare accounts and/or complete audit
- Identify opportunities for additional work/cross selling
- Develop support team by on the job training, directing and supervising their work
- Able to carry out ad-hoc assignments with assistance
- Follow firm's methodology and apply professional ethics and standards
- Help to identify opportunities for additional work to up-sell and cross sell services to clients
- Have a strong understanding of the intricacies of auditing for media and entertainment clients
- Begin to develop own professional network for marketing and introducing new clients
- Act with honesty, fairness and integrity in all dealings with clients, contacts and colleagues whilst respecting confidentiality and building trust
- Identify own training needs and ensure these are met through appropriate learning
- Seek opportunities to develop new skills
- Maintain client confidentiality out of the office, including on client premises
- Report to Managers and Partners
- Delegate to support team
- Maintain liaison with clients to ensure timely provision of services
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically excellent.
- Outstanding Audit ability at all stages from planning through to completion.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Willing to advise clients and develop client relationships.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
What's on Offer
- London Accountancy Practice
- £38000-£46000 per year
- Client Exposure
- Media Clients
- Business Advice
- Business Development
- Audit and Accounts