You are here
Audit and Accounts Manager
Audit and Accounts Manager to join a growing accountancy practice in Bridgwater
Career progression on offer in this successful accountancy practice.
About Our Client
The firm has an excellent reputation across Bridgwater , the South West and further afield and acts for clients across varied industries and sectors. The firm is expanding with the business diversifying, offering more varied added value services . You will be involved in wide ranging project work in the future as you develop in the firm and role. The business transitioned from being a traditional accountancy practise to offering a complete advisory service for SME's. As such you will get to gain a broader range of experience and progress in your career.
Joining as Audit and Accounts Manager based from the firms Bridgwater offices, you will manage a proportion of audit clients, with the audit side around 25% of the portfolio, up to around 30mill on largest clients. The remaining portfolio will be very mixed industry SMEs, OMBs, and smaller clients under the audit threshold in turnover. Along side the audit element, main responsibilities will cover:
- Preparing detailed corporation tax returns
- Preparing detailed forecasts and budgets
- Preparation of year end accounts, ranging from small unincorporated business and charities to statutory group accounts for companies
- Preparation of management accounts
- Developing and implementation of costing systems
- Company secretarial work, including annual returns, appointing and resignation of directors, share transfers, issue of capital and incorporation
- Management and training of junior staff including trainees
- Reviewing of companies systems and analysing risk
- Advising clients on business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions
- Possible involvement in Preparation and administration of research and development tax credit claims.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an ACA, ACCA qualified accountant, with a background in accountancy practice as an assistant manager, manager or Audit and Accounts manager. Your experience will have been gained in any of small, medium or large independent, larger Top 50 or Top Tier firm environment. You will have experience across both audit and accounts and be seeking a role with client management potential and opportunity to carve a pivotal role, with increasing responsibility and exposure to varied project work.
What's on Offer
£32000 - £38,000 dependent on experience, background, negotiable