You are here
Audit Associate Inspector
Audit Quality Review
Cental London office. Excellent work / life balance.
About Our Client
This leading international audit regulator is based in Central London.
Working as part of a team, successful candidates will participate in reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms dealing with senior partners and staff at those firms.
The role provides a unique insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. Successful candidates will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence changes in the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality. The successful candidate will also be given responsibility for significant elements of projects relevant to the regulation of auditors and accountants, including:
- Direct monitoring of financial reports and audits of public interest entities
- Oversight of the regulation of the audit, accountancy and actuarial professions by their respective professional bodies
- Enquiring into current market issues
- Carrying out research and analysis into current market issues affecting accountants, auditors and actuaries
- Drafting reports for the Monitoring Sub Committee and Conduct Committee
The Successful Applicant
An accounting qualification coupled with membership of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI (or equivalent) are required. Experience at Audit Manager Level in a major UK audit firm.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good knowledge of IFRS and recent experience of auditing of UK listed companies/other major entities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge senior partners
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify solutions quickly
- Ability and confidence to work autonomously and meet deadlines with little supervision
What's on Offer
- £70,000 with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Good work/life balance ethos.
- Part time or flexible working would be considered.