You are here
Audit Quality Review
Part time or flexible working would be considered
About Our Client
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the UK's independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment.
This is a unique role with an internationally pre-eminent audit regulator.
AQR has primary responsibility for monitoring the quality of public interest audits undertaken by the major UK audit firms. These audits include listed entities, all UK incorporated banks and building societies and a large number of insurance undertakings. As a result we are seeking to recruit a number of experienced auditors, including those with financial services expertise.
As a member of the AQR team you will participate in reviews of some of the most significant audits undertaken in the UK by the Big 4 and other large audit firms and will gain exposure to senior partners and staff at those firms.
The range of activities undertaken by AQR is extensive and evolving in line with developments in audit regulation. You can therefore expect to be involved in a wide range of interesting and challenging inspection tasks and activities.
This role provides a unique insight into how the major audit firms operate and in particular how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. As part of a team of dynamic and like-minded professionals there will be opportunities to influence firm's practices and procedures thereby improving overall audit quality in the UK.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the role:
- Experience at Audit Manager /Senior Manager or above in public practice. Experience at a major UK audit firm preferred;
- Member of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or CAI or equivalent;
- Candidates should have a good knowledge of IFRS and recent experience of auditing of UK listed companies/other major entities; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge senior partners.
What's on Offer
Rewards and benefits:
- Competitive remuneration packages (base starting salary range £70,000 ‐ £90,000), with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave;
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos;
- Part time or flexible working would be considered;
- The opportunity to work with other parts of the FRC;
- Opportunities for some international travel.
The FRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.