You are here
Acting as an audit senior.
Preparation of statutory accounts.
About Our Client
Our client are a leading Firm in Accountancy Practice, with Offices based in Swindon and throughout Wiltshire.
Our client are able to provide advice on all aspects of accountancy such as accounts preparation, audit and tax as well as a range of more specialised services such as: Forensic Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tax Consultancy, Business Recovery & Insolvency, and Elite Payroll Service.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities for this Audit Senior role based
Audit accounts, interpreting and verifying all information provided by clients.
Prepare annual and management accounts ensuring details are accurate.
Complete basic tax computations for clients.
Compose letters to clients, tax office and the registrar of companies.
Write clear file notes which can be easily understood by others.
Produce neat working papers to reflect the accounts produced (ensuring clear cross-references).
Complete detailed schedules for each set of accounts to ensure the analysis is clear and logical.
Identify problems with data provided by clients.
Plan and prioritise work according to client and partner needs/deadlines and instructions.
Delegate and explain work to junior members of the team, clearly explaining priorities.
Advise and coach junior members of the team concerning work to be completed.
The Successful Applicant
The level of experience required for this Audit Senior role in Swindon is:
- Qualified/part qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience.
- Acting as an audit senior.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Use of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Dealing with owner managed businesses.
- Experience of charity or pension audits
- Managing junior staff while out on audit.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Use of Sage Instant/Line 50
- Use of Iris practice software
Further attributes that are needed:
- Effective communication skills - telephone, emails, letters, reports
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines - planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance
- Interpersonal skills - able to build relationships both internally and with clients
What's on Offer
Flexible working location between other offices. Availability to visit client premises as and when required to. Great team environment and career progression is available if this is an aspiration of your aspirations?