You are here
Automation and Controls Engineer
- Background in Automation and Control is key. Experience with PLC &SCADA systems
- Ideally within regulated manufacturing environment (pharma, food, GMP)
About Our Client
My client are a market leading and multinational pharmaceutical business who are rapidly expanding. Based in Medway, Kent - they are seeking a Automation and Control Engineer to join their team to take on ownership of all the manufacturing automation and control systems on site.
The key responsibilites for the Automation and Controls Engineer role will be:
- To develop and support automated systems to ensure systems are operational and appropriate for use by production. Systems to include all Process Control Systems, Batch Historians, and Independent Monitoring System (IMS).
- To provide technical knowledge on automation projects, plant modifications and continuous improvement projects.
- To ensure that all manufacturing and related activities associated with automated control systems are performed in accordance with all relevant internal/external quality and safety standards.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to all external regulatory bodies, marketing partners and suppliers for all Production/manufacturing automated systems.
- To develop short, medium and long term improvement plans for implementation within the automated systems. Take responsibility for investigating and introducing new engineering technologies and strategies.
- To develop the skills, and knowledge of production, engineering, technical staff and work teams on Automation and Control Systems by training and mentoring.
- Facilitate interface between automated system and centralised ERP system.
- Perform validation activities in collaboration with Computer Systems Validation (CSV) team
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Automation and Controls Engineer will have the following background:
A background in Automation and Control is essential. Experience with PLC's and SCADA control systems is a key requirement.
Will have a demonstrated track record with relevant experience working in a regulated industry preferably in Pharmaceuticals. Experience working in the Process or Pharmaceutical Industry. Working in a cGMP or regulated industry would be preferable.
Knowledge of Rockwell Automation ControlLogix and FactoryTalk technology would be advantageous.
Qualification to degree or equivalent standard would be an advantage.
- Project Management experience
- Direct involvement in regulatory audits (cGMP and EHS).
- Good oral, written and presentation skills essential.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the Automation and Controls Engineer role will be offered:
- A basic salary between £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- A Pension Scheme - 3.33% Employee Contribution and 6.66% Company Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Child Care Vouchers