You are here
This position is now filled
- Know your way around back-end development like the back-end of your hand?
- Are you interested in relocating to Melbourne, Australia??
About Our Client
We're currently seeking a number of enthusiastic, dedicated and hard working back-end developers to join their team in Melbourne. Previous experience of working on an online marketplace or high-traffic (+1million per day) e-commerce website would be a huge bonus!
If you're successful in this role you'll always be busy, be it working on big projects, small maintenance tasks, server management tasks and anything else that makes software our customers love! This is a company that will become a household name within the next five years, if you want to be part of something at the ground floor then don't delay, apply today!
Day to day tasks & responsibilities...
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable code
- Participating as a member of a small cross functional team containing members with different skills and experience
- Taking lots of responsibility for your work as most teams don't have analysts, testers or system administrators
Taking part in our 24/7 on call rotation supporting one of the biggest web sites in the world
The Successful Applicant
- Good commercial Ruby on Rails experience
- Strong exposure to MVC framework
- Solid TDD/BDD experience
- Experience of high volume/scale web apps
- Previous experience of working on an online marketplace or high-traffic (+1million per day) e-commerce website would be a huge bonus.
- Contribute to Open Source projects (desirable)
- Past experience in other agile environments (desirable)
- Excellent Linux knowledge (desirable)
Interpersonal skills / Culture fit...
- Be a nice person who cares about their work
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious person committed to continual learning
- Be capable of writing clean, well thought out, and reliable code
Be comfortable working on a project from the original fuzzy brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
What's on Offer
Do you have strong exposure to Ruby-on-Rails?? This is an exciting opportunity to relocate to Melbourne Australia and work for a worldwide digital business!!!