You are here
FMCG Brand Leader
Launching into New Markets!
About Our Client
Our client is a branded FMCG player who's brand will appear in most households across the UK.
They have made their name in the Frozen Food arena, holding many leading and challenger brands within their portfolio.
The plan going forward is that they will utilise their resources and expertise in order to break into new product area within the market place and challenge other brands for space in their respective categories.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for managing the brand into new categories, developing and endorsing new products that reflect consumer insights and trends.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Continually monitor consumer trends and market developments, presenting back to the business relevant findings in a concise and compelling format. Creating a bank of information that can be used by the wider commercial team.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to identify, explore and validate new consumer insights through the innovation process.
- Develop differentiated new product concepts that reflect relevant consumer trends and insight and fit within strategy.
- Conduct market research to validate appeal of new insights and product concepts with consumers and shoppers.
- Assess viability of product concepts in the wider competitive landscape working closely with category team.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams both internally and externally to turn new product concepts into live business projects and be able to present these effectively to trade customers.
- Ensure understanding of financial and commercial objectives and ensure all new products deliver against these targets.
- Manage artwork and Design process from initial brief to print, adhering to brand guidelines. Effectively manage Design and Reprographic agencies.
- Ensure smooth transition of product responsibility from New Categories Marketing team to Core Marketing Team 6 months after initial launch.
- Profit and Loss responsibility for New Categories launches. Monthly reporting of New Categories range performance
- Work with Communications, Sales and Shopper Marketing teams to develop and execute optimum support plans for new launches.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Brand Manager will have the following skill set:
- Ability to negotiate and lead teams cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good business knowledge and understanding.
- Sound knowledge of marketing mix - process, tools and applications.
- Strong commercial understanding (preferably in relevant retail environment).
- Computer literate to intermediate level.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion.
- Positive/personal attitude at all times.
- Ownership and responsibility for achieving personal growth and development for self.
- Ability to analyse market, category & financial data to identify key trends & recommend creative solutions to deliver KPI's.
What's on Offer
On offer is a competitive salary based on experience plus benefits. Please get in touch to discuss further.