You are here
Build Program Manager
- Programme Manager with a clear understanding within Site Management
- Worked for a major house builder for a minimum of 5 years
About Our Client
Started in 1885 as a general builder, becoming a PLC in 1997, they are now experienced in all areas of property development. My client works on a variety of projects including private housing, partnership development and mixed use as one of the UK's most successful house builders.
1200 staff nationwide, many of whom are specialists from a wide range of occupations.
Building nearly 900 units per year at a 5* standard.
Outstanding business and organisation a brilliant company to be part of.
- Review and develop existing Site Strategy Plans at all stages up to and including site exit
- Input programme information for all regional sites on to company build system software
- Monitor weekly programmes submitted in by site managers against approved programmes
- Upload weekly build stages onto company system
- Prepare, review and maintain the Quarterly Build Plans
- Understand & work with notional build system
- Work closely with all departments Commercial / Technical / Finance / Sales / land to ensure any problems get dealt with efficiently inline to prevent delays with the build programme.
- Involved with pre start meetings
- Involved with operations & build sales meetings
- Procure information & create production sheets & liaising with subcontractors on build requirements via production sheets
- Complete varied health & safety & waste reports to be distributed to the construction teams.
- Involved with the implementation of setting up & standardising of company compound setup & group procedures.
- Various other tasks as requested by the regional build director
- Visiting sites to aid with familiarisation with the specific requirements needed by each development
- CML Tracker - maintain and update for weekly issue, obtaining the site managers sign off for roof and CML dates.
- Director Champion Plot Inspections - maintain and issue programme for Director Inspections based on CML dates and completion dates including confirmation in Sales Build Meeting.
- Meetings - also involved in Pre tender Meeting at which site strategy is important.
- Site Strategy - should include assessment of areas of strategic landscaping to be completed at an early stage.
- Various other tasks as requested by the Regional Build Director
The Successful Applicant
Build Program Manager:
Reporting directly to the Regional Build Director
- Having a Project Management background with a Housing Developer would be desirable
- Ability to travel to attend regional site meetings
- Socially confident
- Highly organised and methodical
- Possess influencing skills
- Equally happy working as part of a team as well as on their own
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to learn and work with computer systems
- Intermediate to advance level in Excel skills
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent / Prince 2 or similar project management qualification
What's on Offer
This job description is not a definitive list of duties. It provides an outline of Key Performance Indicators required for this position. The job holder may be asked to undertake other duties to meet business requirements.