You are here
- Building Surveyor
About Our Client
An established medium sized Housing Association based in Essex
The general duties of the Building Surveyor role will include:
- Complete property inspections including the identification and categorisation of building condition and defects and the specification of reactive and planned remedial work while exercising technical due diligence.
- Carry out pre acquisition, stock condition and asset appraisal surveys.
- Complete inspections and risk assessments of common areas including the identification and categorisation of defects and the specification of reactive and planned remedial work.
- Raise orders, prepare estimates, specifications, supervise contractors and check and approve accounts and obtain all statutory approvals where needed.
- Exercise control on day to day expenditure and day works in contracts.
- Manage, monitor and progress insurance claims, including third party liability and property claims and to carry out inspections and investigations in relation to any insurance claims made by or against the Housing Association
- Manage the void property process including inspection, specification, quality control and authorising payment.
- Ensure responsive maintenance work is recorded in the appropriate format in order to keep the stock condition database up to date
- Manage recommendations following risk assessments, legionella inspections, asbestos reports etc
- Work with our customers and supporting agencies to specify, procure and deliver adaptations to our properties.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum level HNC/HND in Building Surveying or Building Studies / Construction or equivalent.
- CIOB/RICS membership or working towards
- Should hold or be prepared to undertake appropriate training/qualifications in Asbestos Inspection/DDA Auditing/ Fire Risk Assessment/Party Wall work as required
- Current valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Be centrally located to travel within Essex and surrounding areas
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant property/health and safety legislation and regulations
- Robust surveying experience across a broad spectrum of surveying work
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and working unsupervised to a high quality
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to customer care and experience of working with customers with complex needs
What's on Offer
Initially on a 3 month contract for a Building Surveyor, with the view to a permanent position