You are here
Business Analyst / Project Manager (SAP, ERP)
A great opportunity to work for a truly global FMCG brand
Based in Scarborough, North Yorkshire
About Our Client
McCain Foods Limited was founded in 1957 by brothers, Harrison and Wallace McCain, with the production facility opening in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. Since its humble beginnings, McCain Foods has become one of the world's largest manufacturers of frozen French fries and potato specialities. The business has grown significantly over the years and now employs more than 19,000 people with global sales of CDN$8 billion. McCain Foods operate across six continents with 45 sites, working with 3,200 farmers and use over 6.5 million tonnes of potatoes every year.
In the UK, they have four McCain factories, including their head office in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. McCain is the UK's largest purchaser of British potatoes, buying approximately 15% of the annual potato crop and they work closely with over 300 UK growers to make sure the best potatoes are harvested.
As a food manufacturer, their business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients - and the result is food that makes people feel good. Their employees are critical to the success of their business - they offer a diverse and friendly culture that inspires achievement and delivers personal development opportunities.
Our client has built a strong brand in the frozen food industry over the last 45 years and operates 4 manufacturing sites across the UK. They are headquartered in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.
As a Business Analyst, you will be a true business partner, collaborating and engaging with major business functions, to ensure there is alignment between IT and the business. As an agent of change you will work with business stakeholders across all stages of the systems development lifecycle for major system projects, implementation, system enhancements and changes to business processes.
As part of the Business Analyst role your main responsibilities will be to:
- Leading on projects and taking accountability for the following stages: business case creation, requirements gathering, analysis, business process engineering, implementation, system training, testing and support
- Work with the business proactively to define, document and implement best business practices to drive process efficiency across each business function
- Seek our innovative ideas to continuously improve business processes and systems utilisation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (both IT and business functions) to ensure alignment between local requirements and global initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role as a Business Analyst, Business Relationship Manager, IT Business Partner or IS Project Manager
- Relevant experience gained within FMCG, manufacturing or similar industry with knowledge of ERP solutions and business processes (SAP would be hugely beneficial)
- Demonstrable experience of delivering system enhancements, implementation or business change
- Strong business process mapping and re-engineering skills
- Solid business acumen and understands how technology can enable business growth and transformation
- Proven inter-personal skills to successfully work in a dynamic team and at all levels of the business
- Able to translate technical and complex information into simple business language and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to effectively collaborate and work in a team setting across cultures and international boarders
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with generous benefits package that includes 25 days holiday (with the option to buy / sell), life assurance, employer pension contribution, private health cover, cycle to work scheme, loyalty and attendance rewards, subsidised canteen, and much more!