You are here
Business Anlayst / Senior Business Analyst (Retail, Manchester)
- Ambitious FTSE business in Manchester with an exciting Change Agenda
- Be part of a newly formed Change team for a Consumer / Retail business
About Our Client
You will join financially stable business who have successfully delivered YoY increase in turnover and profits for the past 5 years, achieved through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. They now employee 8000 people across the UK in over 150 locations. With further ambitions for the company, they have embarked on an exciting change agenda to transform the business and invest heavily into their digital strategy programme to improve their customer experience. This role will form part of a new change team who will play a crucial role in delivering change.
The Change team is a centralised function that leads on both business and IT projects across the entire business. As a Business Analyst, you will be critical to the success of their delivery. You who will work in partnership with key stakeholders and business SMEs to elicit, analyse and evaluate requirements in order to deliver business process improvement.
You will provide a complete breadth of business analysis services to a wide-ranging portfolio of projects. Such services will include: high-level and detailed business requirements; production and review of a variety of documentation including manuals and procedures; production of business process models and process diagrams; development of deliverables relating to testing including use cases and test cases etc.; production of business impact assessments and other business readiness deliverables.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an engaging and collaborative team player with broad experience as well as a track record of supporting a range of projects, in terms of size and complexity. As an experienced Business Analyst, you will have participated in all stages of the project lifecycle from requirements, design, test and hand-over to support. You should be able to promote the role of business analysis and the value-add it can bring through show-casing output and providing coaching and guidance to colleagues on best practice.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst with experience of project life-cycles, facilitating workshops and chairing meetings and the ability to engage successfully with diverse groups including executives, managers and subject matter experts in order to successfully elicit requirements; gain consensus where needed and to effectively challenge assumptions if necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to tailor content depending on audience coupled with ability to explain complexity with ease and fluidity
- Strong analytical skills as well as creative problem solving when occasion demands
- Able to assimilate data from various sources and to design, construct and execute complex analyses that support in solving business problems
- Able to work independently and deliver to timescales and plans
- Experience of working for a consultancy is desirable although not essential
- Demonstrable experience of working in the retail and consumer businesses is desirable although not essential
What's on Offer
To attract the best talent available, competitive salaries and benefit packages are available.