You are here
Business Development Director
Senior leadership opportunity within strategic business development
Fantastic career move with an industry leader.
About Our Client
People Plus are a leading employment support and training services company helping people to transform their lives and businesses through work, training, education and financial advice, and a leading brand within the Staffline Group.
They help people move into work by enabling them to gain the skills they need to make them employable, providing them with real work experience or helping them onto a traineeship or apprenticeship.
They deliver services nationally across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland from over 110 offices across the UK. People Plus have more than 1,700 people representing job coaches, in-work support mentors, vacancy coordinators, employer relationship managers, enterprise advisors, skills tutors and more who are working to reduce unemployment.
As Business Development Director you will be responsible for:
Ownership of the business development function of the business, including taking the lead on all high profile government tenders.
Directing the formulation of bids, their quality and competitiveness.
Developing and managing stakeholder relationships Active leadership and hands on involvement in the bid development process, including planning, analysis of requirements, storyboarding and quality.
Developing the PeoplePlus brand and lead on promoting the business, its services and its products at Government conferences and networking events Conduct primary research to deepen our understanding and further our positioning in the various markets we operate in
Maintaining a close handle on the changing market place and our competitors Work in close partnership with relevant operating divisions, helping to grow the divisions and enable them to achieve their growth aspirations
Leading, mentoring and coaching members of the Business Development team ensuring they have an in depth knowledge and understanding of Government tender activity
Leading the strategic and resource planning for all tenders, ensuring that appropriate resource is planned to secure wins
Supporting strategic relationship development and public affairs activity to develop partnerships and secure new business through face to face sales activity
Using market knowledge and commercial acumen to provide thought leadership on new sales opportunities, leading the bid/no bid process, informing discussions at a strategic level in the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Director will be proven within strategic business development within Public Sector contract outsourcing.
- Exceptional relationship manager, with demonstrable track record of winning and retaining new business contracts at enterprise level.
- Deep understanding of the market and Government outsourcing/tendering process.
- Articulate and a real ambassador able to deliver key strategic pitches, represent the company at trade events and truly live and breathe the company culture and ethics.
- Able to travel Nationally across England and the UK - based anywhere but easily commutable to the HQ and the Midlands ideally.
- Significant experience of leading and submitting/delivering/presenting successful Government tenders, including managing multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Strong management experience - preferably in a commercial operating environment
What's on Offer
£85,000 + DOE with fantastic benefits package.
Salary may be negotiable for experience.