You are here
Business Development E-Commerce
Leading logistics organisation seeking Ecommerce specialist
Seeking Business Director with logistical experience
About Our Client
The client is a global supplier in the logistics industry.
They are successful in express deliveries worldwide; freight forwarding with planes, trucks, ships and trains; warehousing services that go beyond just storage, but include everything from packaging to repairs; international mail deliveries; customised and specialised shipping
They also transport urgent documents and goods reliably and on time from door-to-door in more than 220 countries and territories, and operates the most comprehensive global express network.
They are dedicated to support European based companies by providing an integrated product and service portfolio for the exchange of communications, information and low weight items, and by taking a leading position in customer focus and quality of service.
- Drive the E-commerce section of the business forward
- Prospects and analyses target groups and new business opportunities through market research and developing marketing initiatives.
- Identifies, pursues, and acquires profitable business relationships with new customers. Ensures maximum exposure of clients amongst targeted prospects.
- Develops leads, conducts pre-proposal visitations, and assists technical staff with proposal preparation. Leads negotiations to obtain
- Manages relationships of a defined number of large and customers and prospects in a particular sector (serves as primary contact for the customer.
- Seeks and prospects for new large customer targets to win new customers
- Ensures that activities are aligned with global/regional sector strategy Delivers the regional and/or country customer budget by maintaining a healthy pipeline, good contractual performance and proactive thinking
- Works on regional customer initiatives and implements global customer business plan
- Collects relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepares documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (SLA's & SOP's)
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge in E-commerce and logistics
- Previous Business development experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and experience in related field 3-5 years logistics industry experience preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills, ideally selling experience in competitive markets
- High degree of self-confidence, initiative and commitment
- PC literate, excellent organisational, communication incl. telephone and writing skills
- Possesses extensive knowledge in speciality area.
What's on Offer
£60,000- £70,000 depending on experience + Car + Bonus