You are here
Business Development Executive
- Home based - Business Development role - Education sector
- Excellent brand to work for with a great team & fantastic career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a highly innovative and agile business who are a leading brand selling education supplies into the education industry. At early years; nursery and primary level.
They have over over 260 employees in the UK and export globally across more than 80 countries. They develop and manufacture a lot of their own products.
This business is very close to market, have an excellent in house market insight and intelligence team who assess what the market wants and needs so that you are selling hot new products throughout the year that your clients are asking for.
It's a warm family feel environment with a friendly culture.
Excellent CSR, very active in conferences and charitable events and projects and provide CPD to teachers in early years.
Working in the Business Development team, as a Business Development Executive you will act as brand ambassador by maintain strong partnerships with key contacts throughout your geographical territory. You will proactively visit your customers and keep your ears open for new funding opportunities, expansion projects and product feedback in order to increase revenue and share new development ideas with the marketing team.
Maximise sales opportunities by managing relationships with local authority advises, nursery chains and academy trusts and promote and sell consumer products.
Home based with most of the time being spent out in the field selling face to face. You will be responsible to:
- Manage and grow your sales network - work closely with our existing customer base, identify new contacts and extend existing relationships in assigned territory
- Communicate with your Sales network regularly & effectively, capturing relevant market and competitor information for feedback to product management teams
- Maximise sales
- Arrange visits and appointments
- Develop long term relationships - open up new relationships and business through exiting relationships
- Visiting potential clients to pitch and present to them face to face
- Retain business
- Generate revenue
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone with personality who is self motivated and passionate about the early years industry.
You must have experience across the following:
- An understanding of the education sector, academies and schools
- Experience with nurseries and primary schools
- An understanding of budgets in this sector
- Experience selling a physical product such as FMCG / Consumer
- Good educational background - A-Level plus
- A minimum of 3 years educational sales experience
You will possess strong organisation skills and be results orientated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills. You must also be willing to travel with some over night stays.
Because this is a field based role you must have a full valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle, there will be a car allowance offered with this role.
What's on Offer
You will be offered a Business Development Executive position with a leading brand within the Education sector.