You are here
Business Development Manager - HVAC - North London
- Specification sales opportunity in the Northern Home Counties
- Established brand taking long term approach building sustainable business
About Our Client
My client are a recognised brand in the UK HVAC market.
Manufacturers of products and systems for various applications, their market potential is broad and vast.
The R&D team collaborate with the wider business to create improvements which genuinely benefit the installers and end users. Adapting to what customers really want is at the centre of their operations.
This is a classic specification sales role where the successful candidate will be required to identify and develop commercial project and specification opportunities in line with the company strategy. Within this, responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with colleagues to generate, secure and deliver specified projects.
- Identify and develop relationships with key influencers/decision makers within target organisations to include: Architects, Multidisciplinary and Mechanical Consultants, Main Contractors, M&E Contractors, Local Authorities, Specialist Contractors and Installers, OEM's, Commercial Building Developers and End-user clients.
- Utilise and grow commercial project and target company data to maximise the realisable sales value through up/cross selling and project conversion.
This is a dynamic, 360 degree project sales role with genuine opportunity for career progression in a company that cares about their people.
The Successful Applicant
- Systems and solution selling (USP's, value engineering, concept development).
- Advanced technical knowledge (product and applications) - brand specific training will of course be provided.
- Effective key account management and sales approach.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks to deadlines.
- Able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
- I.T Literate - competent using CRM software (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Construction related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an external specification sales role.
- Experience dealing with the full project lifecycle after winning an initial specification.
- A motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who is deadline driven and focused.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Strong cultural awareness with colleagues and customers alike.
What's on Offer
- £40,000 - £45,000 basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Company car
- Other benefits